Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

We See What We Want

Have you ever purchased a car or looked at a car you truly desire. After the obtaining or realization, you then make a new discovery. As you drive around town, you begin to see that particular car more frequently. Once we become aware of a specific car and see it every day or think about it, we more easily spot it through the thousands of cars we pass each day. This phenomenon is due to the fact that our brains filter out true perception of things we don't actually want to see or pay attention to.

This becomes true in many aspects of life and I have been recently challenged to explore the ramifications. If I more actively realize that God is at work in my life providing opportunities for the gospel and thankfulness will I not see the blessings more readily. If my mind is more actively thinking on things which are eternal or from God, will I not more consistently see God at work through the many details of life. If my brain can see every Chevy Camaro that passes me by, can I not see God at work in the details of my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment