Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Music

The Christmas season is by far my favorite time of year.  I love winter and snow and most of all, Christmas music.  I listen to it all year long although I have to keep it to myself since my wife does not approve until we pass Thanksgiving.  There are hundreds of varieties and versions of classics and great new songs introduced every year.  I myself seek to get my hands on as much Christmas music as possible.  With the exception of two songs, I have never heard a Christmas song which I did not like.  And truly, many of the timeless classics reverberate frequently in many versions in my collection.
But for the sake of this post, I wanted to highlight an underrated Christmas song and album.

  1. Song - His Favorite Christmas Story by Capital Lights (listen here)  This song is just a great story that centers around Christmas time.  It highlights the fact that memories made during the Christmas holiday can reverberate throughout a person's life.
  2. Album - Do You See What I See? by Todd Agnew (and friends) (order or sample here) Todd Agnew has a powerful voice and a great skill for creating lyrics.  In this album, he weaves a masterful collections of stories.  Each song is a different character's interaction with the happenings of the incarnation.  From Mary and Joseph to the innkeeper and John the Baptist's mother, each character's song explores the fears and trepidations that they as humans must have faced.  And the album concludes with the greatest rendition of In The First Light I have ever heard.  It is truly worth a listen if you can get your hands on it. 
I welcome suggestions for other music or songs that I may not have heard.  Have a great Incarnation Season.


No comments:

Post a Comment